translation / dictionary Lingala - English
plural of "lifúta"
, pl. mafuta (class 5/6 : li- / ma- (parts of body, fauna, flora,...))
pay, salary, compensation
mafúta (class 6 : ma-)
- ngombe ya mafuta, ngombe ya kokonda
- the fat cow, the skinny cow
- mafuta lwil
- oil in general
- mafuta miel, mafuta ya nzoi.
- honey (of the bee)
- mafuta ( ya ) mbila.
- palm oil
- nzete ya mbila epesaka nsamba, mafuta mbila na mpose.
- The palmtree provides palmwine, palmoil and the mpose.
- mafuta ya nzoto, mafuta ya kopakola
- oil for the body, oil to rub on the body
- Fumbwa elambami na mafuta ya nguba.
- Fumbwa is prepared with peanut oil
- bilanga nsambo, ngombe mafuta Proverb/expression (don't translate litteraly) © gen 41
- after 7 years, the fat cows (after suffering, the payback)
- pakola lisusu mafuta
- put on oil again
- ebongi opakola mafuta na loposo na yo.
- You must put oil on your skin.
- biloko oyo, mafuta ekoki te. ebongi obakisa.
- This food, there's not enough oil in it. You should add some.
- okoya kotela makasi pamba, tika kopakola mafuta wana
- You risk to get very clear for nothing, stop applying that cream.