translation / dictionary Lingala - English
- nayebi tata oyo, kasi nayebi tata wana te.
- I know what this dad, but I do not know what dad then.
- Mbula enokelaka ndaku ya moninga omoni yango moke, kasi mokolo ekonokela yo ekomi matata. Proverb/expression (don't translate litteraly)
- When the rain fell on the house of your friend, you found it insignificant, but the day it fell on you it became a problem.
- nalukiluki, kasi nakuti te
- I search everywhere, but I can't find (it)
- Djo ayebaki ete kosopa zemi ezali lisumu monene, kasi makango na ye azwaki zemi, mpe Djo azalaki na likoki te ya kobala mpe kobokola mwana.
- Djo knew that having an abortion is a great sin, but his fiancée got pregnant and Djo did not have the means to get married and raise a child.
- Na motema nayebaki ete ezali mabe, kasi namonaki ndenge mosusu ya kosala te.
- In the heart I knew it was bad, but I saw no other way of acting.
- elongi kitoko kasi moyibi monene
- pretty face but a big thief
- Monoko ya mobange, elumbaka solo, kasi elobaka makambo ya lokuta te. soki okimi solo wana, okoyeba makambo te. Proverb/expression (don't translate litteraly)
- The mouth of the elderly, it smells foul, but doesn't tell lies. If you avoid this smell, you will not know the affairs.
- yo sapologue oza na abakosi versace, kasi miliki ezangi na ndaku
- You, the "sapologist", you have a vest of Versace, but milk is missing at home
- makayabu na fumbwa ! ezangi kaka loso kasi naza na nzala !
- makayabu and fumbwa ! Only rice is missing, but I'm hungry !
- Benteke abeti bale, kasi ekoti te
- Benteke kicked the ball, but it didn't go in
- monoko ya mokolo elumbaka solo, kasi elobaka maloba ya solo Proverb/expression (don't translate litteraly)
- The mouth of the elderly smells bad, but the words are true.
- ngomba na ngomba ekutanaka te kasi batu na batu bakutanaka Proverb/expression (don't translate litteraly)
- Mountains don't run into each other, but humans run into each other
- nazolinga kobima kasi mvula ezobeta makasi.
- I want to go out but it's raining hard.
- Nazoluka nabosana, kasi nazokoka te.
- I'm trying to forget but I can't.