translation / dictionary Lingala - English
that, this (... in question)
(objects and animals)
in strict Lingala
demonstrative pronoun for classes starting with n- and e-
- Mbula enokelaka ndaku ya moninga omoni yango moke, kasi mokolo ekonokela yo ekomi matata. Proverb/expression (don't translate litteraly)
- When the rain fell on the house of your friend, you found it insignificant, but the day it fell on you it became a problem.
- Pilipili ya elanga ya yo, moto mosusu akolia yango. Proverb/expression (don't translate litteraly)
- The pepper of your field, someone else will eat it.
- Namonaki ndunda yango mbala ya liboso.
- I saw that vegetable for the first time.
- Moto azoya, bomba yango nokinoki.
- Someone's coming, hide that quickly
- yango wana
- thats why ...
- nzete ya mbuma, makasa na yango ekweyi
- The fruit tree, it's leaves fell off.
- bozela nalimbolela bino yango malamu. © Bienvenu Sene Mongaba - Fwa-ku-Mputu
- wait that I explain you well.
- eloko nalakisa te. Nalingi yo. Nabombi yango na kati ya motema na ngai.
- There's something I don't show. I love you. I've hidden that in my heart.
- nakoki komona yango ?
- Can I see that ?
- baboti na yo bayaki kobwaka ngunda na poto. yango wana sikoyo oza awa na biso.
- Your parents came ask asylum in europe. Reason why now you're here with us.
- Bazali kobatela mino malamu te, mosusu esila ngala mpe mosusu balambi yango na ndenge elongobani te.
- They don't conserve the medicines well, others are expired and others they prepare with non conform methods.
- bizaleli nini yango wana ?
- what is that, that behaviour ?
- yango wana...
- that's why...
- eloko basalela naza na posa na yango te
- The thing that had been used, I don't need it
- elamba oyo kitoko makasi. posa ya kosomba yango.
- That garment is very pretty. love to buy it.
- sala yango pona ngai, bolimbisi.
- Do it for me, please.
- mbongo oyo natikalaki na yango napesi yango yaya na yo
- I have given the money that was left (the money that I staid with) to your sister.
- otie biloko na ngai wapi. nazomona yango te.
- Where did you put your things ? I don't see them.
- nazosombela yo motuka ya sika. kobebisa yango te mbala oyo.
- I buy you a new car. Don't ruin it this time.
- kofuta ngai te. nasali yango ofele.
- Don't pay me. I do that for free.
- oza nanu elenge. kosala yango te. okoya kobebisa bomoi na yo.
- You are still young. Don't do that. You risk spoiling your life.
- asombi tukutuku mususu. akomi na yango mibale.
- She bought another scooter. She has two of them now.
- oza na posa ya koboya yango to oza na posa ya kondima ?
- You'd like to refuse that or you'd like to accept ?
- kotika mulangi polele te. kanga yango.
- Don't leave the bottle open. Close it.
- bilamba yango eza talo penza.
- Those clothes are really expensive.
- bafoto yango ebimi kitoko te.
- Those photos did not come out very beautiful.
- Nalingi ata kokanisa yango te.
- I don't even want to think about that.
- lisolo yango eza kitoko penza.
- That story is very nice.
- Petite yango aza danzer.
- That young girl is " very pretty "
Article : pronouns
|1 ||me, I ||ngai|
|2 ||you ||yo|
|3 ||he, she, him (it) ||ye (yango)|
|1 ||we ||biso|
|2 ||you (pl) ||bino|
|3 ||they, them (those things) ||bango (yango)|
|1 ||I ||namoni ||I see |
|2 ||you ||olingi ||you love |
|3 ||he / she ||alingi ||he / she aime |
|1 ||we ||tolingi ||we love |
|2 ||you (plural) ||bolingi ||you love |
|3 ||they ||balingi ||they love |
|Objets (S & P)|
|3 ||it ||etali (yo) ||it looks at (you) / "it's your problem" |
other words with the tag 'pronoun' : ba