translation / dictionary Lingala - English
plural of "likambu"
, pl. makambo (class 5/6 : li- / ma- (parts of body, fauna, flora,...))
, pl. makambu (class 5/6 : li- / ma- (parts of body, fauna, flora,...))Kinshasa version
case (good or bad), problem
saying, speech, conflicting business
- ozali kolukela ngai makambo.
- you're telling me to look for problems.
- likambo te
- no problem, leave it
- matondi mingi / melesi mingi. - likambo te.
- thanks a lot. - No problem.
- Likambo munene eluka banganga Proverb/expression (don't translate litteraly)
- A big problem 'asks' for experts (a problem being big...)
- Tambola na mokili, bongo omona makambo. Proverb/expression (don't translate litteraly)
- Go around the world and so you'll see the problems
- likambo nini ?
- What's the problem ?
- Nayebi ete akotelema moto ya suka na bomoyi na ngai. Akotelema akokota likambo na ngai. Yaweh telema, kota makambo na ngai. Akotelema akokata ma condamnation. © Cèdre Katambayi
- I know he's gonna stand up as the last one in my life. He will enter into my business. God, stand up, enter into my business. He will stand up and interrupt my condemnation.
- likambo ya motuya
- an important case
- kokata likambo
- decide on a case, pronounce a verdict
- Monoko ya mobange, elumbaka solo, kasi elobaka makambo ya lokuta te. soki okimi solo wana, okoyeba makambo te. Proverb/expression (don't translate litteraly)
- The mouth of the elderly, it smells foul, but doesn't tell lies. If you avoid this smell, you will not know the affairs.
- naza na makambo ebele ya kosala lelo
- I have a lot of things to do today.
- naza na likambo na yo te
- I have no problem with you
- naye po tosolola likambo wana
- I came so that we discuss that problem
- boni lelo oye tongo boye ? likambo ?
- How come you came so early ? Is there a problem ?
- koya lelo te. naza na makambu ebele ya kosala
- Don't come today. I have a lot of things to do.
- Nzambe akosala makambo ya minene.
- God will do great things.
- likambo oyo ekosila mokolo nini ?
- What day will this problem end ?
- likambo nini mwasi na ngai ? butu mobimba olali te.
- What's the matter, my woman ? The entire night you didn't sleep.
- kaka yo nde oza koluka makambo awa
- There's only you who seeks trouble here
- oye, opesi biso ata mbote te. likambo nini ?
- You came, you didn't even salute us. What's the matter ?
- pona nini oza kopela boye ? likambo eza te !
- Why are you getting ignited like that ? There's no problem !
- naza na likambo moko ya motuya ya koyebisa yo
- I have something important to let you know.
- naza kosala makambo ebele tango moko.
- I'm doing a lot of things at the same time.
- yo, makambo osali ezali pe malamu te
- You, the things you did weren't good either.
- soki oyebaki likambo nini eleki...
- If you knew what happened...
- Tanga makambo nyonso akomi
- Read all that she has written.
- zuzi akati likambo alima
- The judge decided on the case correctly.