translation / dictionary Lingala - English
even, even if, although, despite, nevertheless
- Ata ndele
- no matter what, sooner or later, eventually
- Pierre alobi na ye : Te, okosokola ngai makolo ata mbala moko te !© bible, jean 13:8
- Peter said to Him : You shall never (not even one time) wash my feet !
- Oyebi lingala ? - Ee, nalobi ata lingala ya mangala
- Do you know Lingala ? - Yes, I even speak strict lingala (the lingala of the mangala)
- Ata soki natamboli na lobwaku ya molili ya liwa, nakobanga mabe moko te. © bible, banzembo 23:4
- Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil.
- nafuta ata mpaku ya leta
- I paid even the taxes of the state
- Ata ndele, mokili ekobaluka
- whatever happens, the earth will spin
- Namoni ozangi eloko ya kosala. Luka ata mosala ko ! kaka koyungana boye...
- I see that you lack something to do. Look even for a job, come on ! just wandering like that...
- oye, opesi biso ata mbote te. likambo nini ?
- You came, you didn't even salute us. What's the matter ?
- Nalingi ata kokanisa yango te.
- I don't even want to think about that.
- Ayebi ata kokoma kombo na ye te.
- She can't even write her name.
- ata soki aza na mibali ebele, etali yo na nini ?
- Even if she has a lot of men, how does that concern you ?
- ata nkoso elobaka ezangi mayele
- even if the parrot can talk, he lacks intelligence.