translation / dictionary Lingala - English
, form of a verb
- irregular form !
- infinitive : koya
- time : (ezalisi) simple present (I work, I dance,...) or present perfect (I have worked, I have danced,...) (-i)
- person : second person plural (you)
, irregular form ! (racine : ye) (class 15 : ko- (verbs))
to come, to advance, to arrive
Often used to express a risk, to risk (see examples)
to come for...
epekisami kosokola na ebale
- okokaki koya ( na ) makolo
- you could come by foot
- pongi eyaki te
- sleep did not come
- Poso eleki, poso ekoya
- last week, next week (just)
- eyenga eleki nayaki na liyangani ya mibale
- last sunday I came to the second cult.
- nazoya (nazali koya)... naza na nzela... nakomi
- I'm coming over... I'm underway... I arrived
- poso ekoya mokolo moko eza nakosala te.
- Next week, there's a day that I don't work.
- yaka, landa ngai
- come, follow me
- Moto azoya, bomba yango nokinoki.
- Someone's coming, hide that quickly
- esongo ezali mwa eteni ya libolo eye etimbaka.
- The clitoris is a small part of the vagina that gets hard.
- yebisa ngai Wendy akoya kovisiter palais mokolo nini.
- Let me know what day Wendy will come to visit the house.
- yaka tosibana, naza na botine
- warning - sensible content
- baboti na yo bayaki kobwaka ngunda na poto. yango wana sikoyo oza awa na biso.
- Your parents came ask asylum in europe. Reason why now you're here with us.
- azoya, bombana noki
- She's coming, hide yourself quickly
- mama aye nzala esili
- Mama is here, the hunger is over
- mokili toyaki etondi na mabe
- The world in which we live (/arrived) is full of evil
- mokolo nakoya nalingi batu nioso bazala
- The day I will come, I'd love everybody to be there.
- yaka po tokende kotala yaya na yo ya mwasi
- Come so we go see your big sister
- naye po tosolola likambo wana
- I came so that we discuss that problem
- boni lelo oye tongo boye ? likambo ?
- How come you came so early ? Is there a problem ?
- tata na yo azoya lelo kotala yo
- Your father comes to see you today.
- koya lelo te. naza na makambu ebele ya kosala
- Don't come today. I have a lot of things to do.
- koya na moninga na yo wana te. nalingaka ye te.
- Don't come with that friend of yours. I don't like him.
- kokanga ekuke te. nazoya
- Don't close the door. I'm coming.
- koloba mingi te. nazoya sikoyo.
- Don't talk much. I'm coming now.
- tozali koya epayi na bino sikoyo
- We arrive soon at your place.
- oye, opesi biso ata mbote te. likambo nini ?
- You came, you didn't even salute us. What's the matter ?
- ebongi obongisa esika oyo. bapaya bazali koya.
- You should tidy up this place. The people are coming.
- ngai pe nalingi koya na bino
- Me too, I want to come with you.
- mbala ya liboso oyaki awa ozalaki koyoka soni
- The last time you were here, you were ashamed.
- nakoki koya kofanda na ndako na yo ?
- Can I come live in your house ?
- aza nanu mwana muke. azomela likaya na mbula na ye.
- He's still a small kid. He smokes sigarets at his age.
- okoya epayi na ngai mokolo nini ?
- What day are you coming to my place ?
- oza nanu elenge. kosala yango te. okoya kobebisa bomoi na yo.
- You are still young. Don't do that. You risk spoiling your life.
- boma moto okoya kotumba ndako pamba
- Put out the fire. You risk to incinerate the house.
- bapaya zomi baye kotala biso
- 10 visitors came to see us.
- nayeli bino nsango ya malamu. boyoka.
- I brought you good news. Listen.
- yela ngai mwa ndambo ya loso po nalia
- Bring me a small portion of rice so that I eat.
- bato misato bayaki koluka yo lelo
- Three men came look for you today.
- aza koboya koya awa, pona nini ?
- She refuses to come here, why ?
- kanga monoko na yo pamba te okoya komela nzinzi.
- Close your mouth or else you risk swallowing a fly.
- losaka pona biloko oyo oyeli biso
- Thanks for the food you brought us.
- molimo mosantu yaka osunga biso.
- Holy Spirit come help us.
- yaka tokanga foto moko
- Come that we take a picture.
- okoya kotela makasi pamba, tika kopakola mafuta wana
- You risk to get very clear for nothing, stop applying that cream.
- Yaka kosunga ngai, naza na biloko ebele ya kolamba.
- Come help me, I have a lot of things to prepare.
- liyebo yaka kotala liyebo oyo.
- Come see that mushroom.
- Yaka na moziki na biso.
- Come to our fundraiser.
- Yaka totanda mesa bato balia
- Come let's set the table so people can eat.
- kende kozua bisaka na yo oya kofanda epayi na ngai
- Go take your things to come stay with me.
- mwasi oyo atongelaka yo bilamba ayaki awa.
- The lady who made clothes for you (your tailor) came here.
- yela ngai masanga mbila namela.
- Bring me the palm juice, so that I may drink.
- mama ya mobali na yo akoya lisusu te.
- Your mother in law will not come anymore.
- yo ozali na kati ya motema na ye te.
- You, you are not in his heart.
- mobali na yo ya sika, kombo na ye nani ?
- Your new husband, what's his name ?
- Ayebi ata kokoma kombo na ye te.
- She can't even write her name.
- Akoya lelo lisusu te. Akoya kaka lobi.
- She will not come anymore today. She will just come tomorrow.
- ozalaki kozela ngai naya pona obanda kolamba ?
- You were waiting for me to come home for you to start cooking ?
- Nabengaki liboso ya koya.
- I called before coming.
- noko, yaka kobina na ngai.
- Uncle, come dance with me.
- nakoya koniata yo pamba.
- I risk trampling you for no reason.
- yela ngai mayi nasopela ye.
- Bring me water so that I sprinkle him.
- aye lisusu, mama wana ya liboma.
- She came again, that crazy lady.
- Aya, tosolola na ye esengeli .
- Let her come, let's talk properly.
- mwasi kitoko, yaka awa.
- Pretty girl, come here.
- Mwana oyo libota naye basundola ye po akoma bulawayo.
- That child, her family abandoned her because she became a prostitute.
- bato boni bayaki likita ?
- How many people were at the reunion ?
like this, so, that way