translation / dictionary Lingala - English
plural of "bokási"
, pl. makasi (class 14/6 : bo- / ma-)
power, power, vigor, strength, vitality, energy, resistance
tough, hard, strong, solid, resistant, strength
- soso ezali talo makasi likolo ya dollar.
- The chicken is very expensive because of the dollar.
- elongo totangi na mongongo makasi.
- Together we read with a raised voice.
- Miso makasi, ndoki teProverb/expression (don't translate litteraly)
- It's not because one has a strong stare that he's a witch
- mayi makasi
- ice (hard, solid water)
- Lata ekoti, moyi ezali makasi
- Wear a cap, the sun shines hard.
- Nabetaki maboko makasi mpona bango.
- I applauded hard for them.
- Keba, pilipili eswi makasi.
- watch out, the chilipepper is very hot. (stings hard)
- nzambe apesa yo makasi.
- May God give you the force.
- Oza kitoko makasi ndeke na ngai ya bolingo
- You're very pretty, my lovebird
- lala malamu. - yo pe, motema na ngai, noki tomonana. nalela yo makasi.
- Sleep tight. - You too, my love, that we may see eachother soon. I thoroughly love you. (in lingala : "I have loved you thoroughly" - past)
- naza na esengo makasi pamba te nakobima na baninga na ngai na pokwa ya lelo
- I'm very glad because I will go out with my friends tonight.
- nasepeli makasi na elamba oyo okabeli ngai
- I much appreciated that garment you gave me.
- elamba oyo kitoko makasi. posa ya kosomba yango.
- That garment is very pretty. love to buy it.
- nani alobi nazali kobela makasi ?
- Who said that I was very sick ?
- ozalaka monoko makasi boye pona nini ?
- Why do you have such a big mouth ?
- mikolo oyo mbula ezobeta makasi.
- These days it's raining hard.
- oza na nkombo moko kitoko makasi
- You have a very beautiful name.
- pelisa mwinda. molili eza makasi awa
- Turn on the light. It's very dark in here.
- epayi na bino nde makelele ezalaka makasi.
- There's much noise at your place.
- kolata boye te. malili eza makasi libanda.
- Don't dress like that. It's cold outside.
- aza kokeba na mwasi wana makasi.
- He pays much attention to that girl there.
- moto eza kopela makasi penza.
- The fire is starting very heavily.
- tika koganga makasi
- Stop shouting hard.
- kokende na ebale lelo te mbonge eza makasi
- Don't go to the river today. The waves are strong.
- ebale ya kongo ezalaka monene makasi
- The Congo river is very strong.
- semeki na yo ayokelaka yo zuwa makasi
- Your sister in law is very jealous of you.
- maman nkulutu na biso azobela makasi
- The big sister of my mother is very sick.
- nazolinga kobima kasi mvula ezobeta makasi.
- I want to go out but it's raining hard.
- Bongisa ndako. Eza salite makasi.
- Arrange the house. It is very dirty.
- okoya kotela makasi pamba, tika kopakola mafuta wana
- You risk to get very clear for nothing, stop applying that cream.
- Aza kosala makelele makasi.
- She's making loud noise.
- nalingaka mwasi wana makasi.
- I like that girl very much.
- Azalaka mwasi moko makasi pe nzunzu.
- She's one strong and courageous woman.
- yo oza nanu elenge makasi
- You, you are still very young.
- tango akitaka, akitaka na nkembo, abongolaka nioso, apesaka makasi, asekwisaka nioso. © Moïse Mbiye - Tango na Ye
- When He descends, He descends in glory, He changes everything, He gives power, He resurrects everything.