translation / dictionary Lingala - English
, form of a verb
- infinitive : kowâ
- time : (etinda) imperative (run ! let's go ! listen ! ...)
- person : second person singular (you)
- infixe : -an : reciprocal, mutually ( to ... each other )
, irregular form ! (racine : we) (class 15 : ko- (verbs))
to die, to decease
this / that (there)
- nayebi tata oyo, kasi nayebi tata wana te.
- I know what this dad, but I do not know what dad then.
- Nini etungisaki yo mokolo wana ?
- What was bothering you that day ?
- ntango wana, tolyaka kaka madesu na mayi
- at that time (in those days), we only ate beans with water.
- Wana ezali ya solo, kosakana te.
- This is true, don't joke.
- tshombo wana ezali ya kala mingi.
- That phone is from way back.
- yango wana
- thats why ...
- nani wana ?
- Who's there ?
- wana ozoyembela ngai, mamiwata ?
- Are you singing for me over there, mermaid ?
- bomoni momie wana ? azokosa biso. nakotchoukouté yé !
- You (pl.) see that chick there ? She's lying to us. I will tchoukoutate her !
- baboti na yo bayaki kobwaka ngunda na poto. yango wana sikoyo oza awa na biso.
- Your parents came ask asylum in europe. Reason why now you're here with us.
- bantaba mibale wana ! moko ntaba ya pembe, mosusu ntaba ya moyindo
- There are two goats there. One goat wite, another goat black
- bizaleli nini yango wana ?
- what is that, that behaviour ?
- wana awuti wapi ?
- Where did that one there come from ?
- kokoko ! - Nani wana ? - Nga Lauretta. - Ah, yo wana ? - Ee.
- knock knock ! - Who's there ? - It's me, Lauretta. - Ah, it's you ? - Yes.
- Monoko ya mobange, elumbaka solo, kasi elobaka makambo ya lokuta te. soki okimi solo wana, okoyeba makambo te. Proverb/expression (don't translate litteraly)
- The mouth of the elderly, it smells foul, but doesn't tell lies. If you avoid this smell, you will not know the affairs.
- yango wana...
- that's why...
- maman wana alataki maputa ya konzuluka
- That woman there wore a worn out loin cloth.
- naye po tosolola likambo wana
- I came so that we discuss that problem
- wana eza biloko ya papa na bino.
- That there is the food of your father.
- wana mwana na ngai ya mwasi
- The one there is my daughter.
- koya na moninga na yo wana te. nalingaka ye te.
- Don't come with that friend of yours. I don't like him.
- keba na esika wana okoki kokweya
- Watch out! at this spot you may fall.
- ebongi penza kokeba na batu wana.
- One must really watch out for those people.
- aza kokeba na mwasi wana makasi.
- He pays much attention to that girl there.
- na ndoto na ngai ya lelo ozalaki wana.
- In my dream of today you where there.
- lia biloko wana nioso. kobuaka eloko te.
- Eat all that food. Don't throw anything away.
- pesa mbwa na ngai mikuwa wana. alia.
- Give those bones to my dog. That he eats.
- ebongi ozala mosika na mwasi wana
- You should stay far away from that woman.
- Mosala wana ya kindumba ezali malamu te na miso ya Nzambe.
- The work of prostitution is not good in the eyes of God.
- okoya kotela makasi pamba, tika kopakola mafuta wana
- You risk to get very clear for nothing, stop applying that cream.
- Akeyi wapi kiliya na ngai wana ?
- Where did he go, my client there ?
- bandela nzembo wana.
- Repeat that song there.
- Oyo wana azokoma kizengi penza.
- That one becomes crazy, really.
- soki napesi yo mbongo wana, ngai, nakolia ndenge nini ?
- If I give you that money, me, how will I eat ?
- Soki tosangisi mbongo wana nyonso, tokoki kosomba lopango
- If we put together all that money, we can buy a plot.
- nayebi te esika nini moninga na ngai akendaki kolokota ye wana.
- I don't know where my friend went to pick that one up.
- moninga na ye wana ya mundele apesaka ngai kanda.
- Her white friend there makes me angry.
- nalingaka mwasi wana makasi.
- I like that girl very much.
- yebisa bana wana batinda mbongo.
- Let those children there know they should send money.
- aye lisusu, mama wana ya liboma.
- She came again, that crazy lady.
- Nakozwa yo na prince wana
- I will pick you up on that road.