translation / dictionary Lingala - English
doubling of the last part to express a disorder...
did you mean naluki ?
, form of a verb
- infinitive : koluka
- time : (ezalisi) simple present (I work, I dance,...) or present perfect (I have worked, I have danced,...) (-i)
- person : first person singular (I)
, regular construction (root : luk) (class 15 : ko- (verbs))
to look everywhere
to manage, to investigate
- luka mosala
- look for work
- ozali kolukela ngai makambo.
- you're telling me to look for problems.
- Likambo munene eluka banganga Proverb/expression (don't translate litteraly)
- A big problem 'asks' for experts (a problem being big...)
- nalukiluki, kasi nakuti te
- I search everywhere, but I can't find (it)
- Aza te. Luka libanda.
- He's not there. Search outside.
- Nakei na wenze koluka maputa kitoko.
- I go to the market to search for a beautiful cloth.
- tozali koluka muana musala. Azala moyibi te, ndoki te, ndumba te.
- We are looking for a domestic aid. May it not be a thief, not a sorcerer, not a whore.
- Nayebi te ! luka yo moko
- I don't know ! Search yourself
- Namoni ozangi eloko ya kosala. Luka ata mosala ko ! kaka koyungana boye...
- I see that you lack something to do. Look even for a job, come on ! just wandering like that...
- kaka yo nde oza koluka makambo awa
- There's only you who seeks trouble here
- nakeyi. koluka ngai te, bolimbisi.
- I left. Don't look for me, please.
- oza koluka mosala nini, mama ?
- What job a are you looking for, mama ?
- etumba ya mobali ezali koluka mwasi ya malamu pona kobala
- The struggle of a man is to look for a good woman to marry.
- bato misato bayaki koluka yo lelo
- Three men came look for you today.
- nani azoluka ngai lisusu ?
- Who's looking for me again ?
- luka mwasi moko oyo akolinga yo na bolingo ya solo
- Seek a woman who will love you with real love.
- Nazoluka nabosana, kasi nazokoka te.
- I'm trying to forget but I can't.