translation / dictionary Lingala - English
, form of a verb
- infinitive : kotika
- time : (ezalisi) simple present (I work, I dance,...) or present perfect (I have worked, I have danced,...) (-i)
- person : first person singular (I)
, regular construction (root : tik) (class 15 : ko- (verbs))
to leave, to abandon
tika mutuka libanda
- Otikaki lipa na yo awa, namelaki sucré nango
- You left your bread here, I drank a soda with it.
- tika makelele !
- stop the noise !
- tika ngai nye
- Leave me in peace
- Natiki komela likaya banda lelo.
- I abandon smoking from today on.
- Tika makelele ya pamba pamba, suba olala
- leave that noise for nothing, pee, that you'd sleep
- Soki olingi kozwa engunduka, bisika ya kotika motuka ezali.
- If you want to take the train, there are places to leave the car (parkings).
- lolenge boni ebongi bayebisa yo pona otika komela kisi oyo
- How should they let you know to stop taking that medicin ?
- lolenge boni nakoki koloba na mobali oyo pona atika nga kimia
- How can I talk to that man so that he'd leave me in peace ?
- nani alie biloko na ngai oyo natikaki ?
- Who ate my food that I had left ?
- kotika bana bango moko te
- Don't leave the children alone.
- kotika ngai te, Yawe, nazali mwana na yo
- Don't leave me, Lord, I'm your child.
- bozala na bomoko. botika kosuana boye
- Be united. Stop arguing like that.
- tika koganga makasi
- Stop shouting hard.
- tika kolembola sani boye
- Stop licking the plate like that.
- tika nzungu polele pona biloko ebela malamu
- Leave the cooking pot open so that the food cooks well.
- kotika mulangi polele te. kanga yango.
- Don't leave the bottle open. Close it.
- okoya kotela makasi pamba, tika kopakola mafuta wana
- You risk to get very clear for nothing, stop applying that cream.
- tika kosala mokinza.
- Stop farting.
- eloko eleki tika eza te
- there is nothing better than to leave it.
- Tika kobeta mukinza liboso na ngai
- Stop farting in front of me
- Naza mwasi na ye te. Tika kotungisa ngai sikoyo.
- I'm not his wife. Stop disturbing me now.
- akeyi kotika mwasi na ye.
- He went to drop off his wife.
- Soki olingi ke libala na biso ezala malamu, tika kokengela ngai.
- If you want our marriage to be good, stop controlling me.
- Esili te. Nakotika ye boye te.
- It's not over. I will not leave her like that.