translation / dictionary Lingala - English
, form of a verb
- infinitive : koloba
- time : (ezalisi) simple present (I work, I dance,...) or present perfect (I have worked, I have danced,...) (-i)
- person : first person plural (we)
, regular construction (root : lob) (class 15 : ko- (verbs))
to talk much for nothing
- Nakoki koloba lingala. Nayebi koloba lingala.
- I'm able to speak lingala. I know how to speak Lingala.
- Nazali koyoka yo te, nalobaka lingala te
- I can't understand you, I don't speak lingala.
- Pierre alobi na ye : Te, okosokola ngai makolo ata mbala moko te !© bible, jean 13:8
- Peter said to Him : You shall never (not even one time) wash my feet !
- loba sima na ngai : ...
- say after me : ...
- Oyebi lingala ? - Ee, nalobi ata lingala ya mangala
- Do you know Lingala ? - Yes, I even speak strict lingala (the lingala of the mangala)
- Loba malembe. Nazoyoka te.
- Speak slowly. I don't understand you.
- loba nakoyoka, tinda nakosala
- Speak, I shall listen. Send, I shall do.
- tolobi ndenge moko
- We spoke the same way. (we said the same thing)
- Natunaki yo soki oyebi koloba lingala
- I asked you whether you can speak Lingala.
- Monoko ya mobange, elumbaka solo, kasi elobaka makambo ya lokuta te. soki okimi solo wana, okoyeba makambo te. Proverb/expression (don't translate litteraly)
- The mouth of the elderly, it smells foul, but doesn't tell lies. If you avoid this smell, you will not know the affairs.
- monoko ya mokolo elumbaka solo, kasi elobaka maloba ya solo Proverb/expression (don't translate litteraly)
- The mouth of the elderly smells bad, but the words are true.
- nalobaka minoko mibale
- I speak two languages
- mwasi oyo alingaka koloba mingi te
- That woman doesn't like to talk much.
- kobeta bana te. lobela bango malembe
- Don't hit the children. Talk calmly to them.
- munganga alobi ebongi omela mayi mingi.
- The doctor said, it's good to drink a lot of water.
- lolenge boni nakoki koloba na mobali oyo pona atika nga kimia
- How can I talk to that man so that he'd leave me in peace ?
- nani alobi nazali kobela makasi ?
- Who said that I was very sick ?
- koloba mingi te. nazoya sikoyo.
- Don't talk much. I'm coming now.
- koloba na ngai boye te nazali mukolo na yo
- Don't speak to me like that. I'm older than you.
- mutu oyo nazolobela azoyoka ngai te. nazoloba mpamba.
- The person I was talking to is not listening to me. Je parle pour rien.
- ezala mbala na yo ya suka olobela ngai boye
- That this may be your last time you talked to me that way.
- balobi na ye akende.
- They told him to leave.
- kokosa ngai te. loba na ngai bosolo.
- Don't lie to me. Tell me the truth.
- alobaka mingi mpe abombaka sekele te
- She talks much and she never keeps a secret.
- munganga alobi ke nakotikala ekomba
- The doctor said that I will stay sterile.
- na balabala oyo bato nyonso bazoloba ke oza kitoko.
- In this street everyone says that you are beautiful.
- nalobi moto akobima awa te.
- I say that nobody will leave here.
- Nalobaki na yo ke osundola ye.
- I told you to abandon him.
- loba lisusu
- Talk again. Say again.
- ata nkoso elobaka ezangi mayele
- even if the parrot can talk, he lacks intelligence.
- Yawe alobi bango
- So speaks the Lord