translation / dictionary Lingala - English
doubling of the last part to express a disorder...
did you mean tala ?
, pl. batalatala (class 9a/10a (2) : - / - (ba-) : plural from context (or informal/modern ba-), not with n-/m-)
, form of a verb
- infinitive : kotála
- time : (etinda) imperative (run ! let's go ! listen ! ...)
- person : second person singular (you)
, regular construction (root : tal) (class 15 : ko- (verbs))
to watch, to see
to visit (to go/come see)
to show, to justify, to demonstrate
to observe (for someone), to spy, to follow
- batalana bandaku.
- the houses are right across one another (the house are looking at each other)
- etali yo
- it looks at you (it's your problem)
- tala boni bana Jacob azuaki mpe lolenge boni azuaki bango
- see how many children Jacob got and also in what way he got them
- tala, oyo ezali ndenge na biso
- look, this is our method
- Namiswaki lolemu kotala batambolaki bango mibale.
- I bit my tongue to see them two walk.
- tala ye.
- Look at her. (look at him)
- Soki omonaka nzoto ya yo kilo, tala ya baninga se bongo Proverb/expression (don't translate litteraly)
- If you observe your body with respect, see your neighbour's one just so
- Koko na yo, niama. Tala mutu lokola tintin.
- Your granny, brute. Look at that head like Tintin. (insults)
- sia tala mutu lokola mikate.
- tsss, look at the head as a fritter !
- obungi. ozalaki wapi ? - Awa, na ndaku. Nalalaki pe natalaki télé.
- You disappeared. Where were you ? Here, at home. I was sleeping and watching television.
- tala ye kuna minu mpembe koleka nzambala ya pape. nsuki elingamalingama © Koffi Olomide
- look at her there, the teeth whiter than the dress of the pope. The hair disorderly (messy) curled.
- alingi koyoka te. etali ye.
- He doesn't want to listen. That's his problem.
- Tala papa na ye, alangwi masanga, atamboli abilika
- Look at his father, he got drunk from the beer, he doesn't walk straight (zigzag)
- tala - mpe - lata
- totalaki lisano ya motopi na etando eke
- we watched the football game on the television
- nawuti kotala mama bokilo na lopitalo
- I come from seeing mother in law at the hospital
- nazokende mobembo pona kotala libota na nga
- I go on a trip to see my family.
- yaka po tokende kotala yaya na yo ya mwasi
- Come so we go see your big sister
- kotala ngai mingi te nazali mwasi ya batu
- Don't look hard at me, I'm someone's woman
- kotala ye te pamba te akosilika lisusu
- Don't look at her, or else she's going to get angry again
- nazokende epayi ya munganga atala liso na ngai. nazomona malamu te.
- I'm going to the doctor so that he looks at my eye. I don't see well.
- tata na yo azoya lelo kotala yo
- Your father comes to see you today.
- kotala ngai bongo te. okopesa ngai kanda.
- Don't look at me like that. You will get me angry.
- kobosana kotala biloko te soki ebeli.
- Don't forget to look at the food, whether it's done.
- naza na tukutuku. nazokende kotala mama na ngai.
- I'm on the motorbike. I'm going to see my mum.
- bapaya zomi baye kotala biso
- 10 visitors came to see us.
- tala ngulupa ya batu ebele
- look a group of many people
- liyebo yaka kotala liyebo oyo.
- Come see that mushroom.
- alingaka kotala bilili na ye mingi.
- She likes to look at her pictures a lot.
- ata soki aza na mibali ebele, etali yo na nini ?
- Even if she has a lot of men, how does that concern you ?
- tala sima zonga moto
- look back and become human again
- tala ndenge mobali na ye aza kokosa.
- Look how her man is lying.