translation / dictionary Lingala - English
, form of a verb
- infinitive : komela, komele
- time : (ezalisi) simple present (I work, I dance,...) or present perfect (I have worked, I have danced,...) (-i)
- person : second person singular (you)
, regular construction (root : mel) (class 15 : ko- (verbs))modern version
, regular construction (root : mel) (class 15 : ko- (verbs))
to drink, to swallow
to consume, to smoke,...
- epekisami kotambusa motuka soki omeli masanga.
- It's prohibited to operate a vehicle if you drunk (a drink).
- omela mai
- you drink water
- naza na nzala. Nazoyoka nzala. Naza na posa ya komela. Naza na posa ya mayi.
- I'm hungry. I feel hungry. I'm thirsty (desire to drink). I'm thirsty (desire for liquid).
- Otikaki lipa na yo awa, namelaki sucré nango
- You left your bread here, I drank a soda with it.
- komela likaya.
- To smoke (to take tobaco)
- oza na miso lokola moto ameli lotoko.
- You have the eyes like someone who drunk lotoko.
- mai ya komela
- water to drink
- komela masanga ezali esengo ya mokili
- To drink beer is a worldly pleasure
- Natiki komela likaya banda lelo.
- I abandon smoking from today on.
- omelaka makaya boni na mokolo ?
- How many cigarettes do you smoke a day ?
- Mokolo moko, nguma akendeki bokila na zamba. Amonaki nyama moko ya monene na amelaki ye mobimba.
- One day the python went hunting in the forest. He had seen a large beast and had swallowed it entirely.
- komela mingi, kolangwa muke
- To drink a lot, to get a bit drunk
- muana moke amelaka likaya te
- a small child doesn't smoke a sigaret
- Nasala nini soki papa to mama amelaka bangi to alangwaka masanga
- what to do when papa or mama smokes weed or is getting drunk with beer ?
- ezali te po tomelaka na nganda moko, nde tokomi baninga
- It's not because we use to drink at the same café, that we became friends
- komela masanga ya sukali mingi te. eza malamu te po na mino.
- Don't drink much sweet drinks. It's not good for your teeth.
- komela mayi na ngai te
- Don't drink my water
- munganga alobi ebongi omela mayi mingi.
- The doctor said, it's good to drink a lot of water.
- lolenge boni ebongi bayebisa yo pona otika komela kisi oyo
- How should they let you know to stop taking that medicin ?
- olingi komela masanga nini ?
- What drink would you like to drink ?
- komela likaya ezali malamu te
- It's not good to smoke sigarets.
- aza nanu mwana muke. azomela likaya na mbula na ye.
- He's still a small kid. He smokes sigarets at his age.
- ebongi omela bankisi na yo pona obika.
- You should take your medicin to heal.
- nalingaka komela nkisi te.
- I don't like to take medicin.
- kanga monoko na yo pamba te okoya komela nzinzi.
- Close your mouth or else you risk swallowing a fly.
- Mwana ebongi amela miliki pona akola malamu.
- A child must drink milk to grow well.
- yela ngai masanga mbila namela.
- Bring me the palm juice, so that I may drink.
- mama, mela bakisi na yo oyo munganga apesi.
- Mum, take your medicine that the doctor prescribed you.
- pona kokola malamu ebongi komela mayi mingi
- To grow well, it is good to drink a lot of water
other words with the tag 'verbs with [ko...e]' : kokende