translation / dictionary Lingala - English
doubling of the last part to express a disorder...
did you mean koka ?
, form of a verb
- infinitive : kokaoka
- time : (linoko, ebandeli) infinitive (ko-) or in negative (etinda) plural imperative
, regular construction (root : kauk) (class 15 : ko- (verbs))
, regular construction (root : kawuk) (class 15 : ko- (verbs))
, regular construction (root : kaok) (class 15 : ko- (verbs))
to dry (to get dry)
to get thin
, form of a verb
- infinitive : kokoka
- time : (etinda) imperative (run ! let's go ! listen ! ...)
- person : second person singular (you)
, regular construction (root : kok) (class 15 : ko- (verbs))
to be able (can)
to complete, to agree
to suffice, to be enough
to total, to top up, to perform, to make possible
to look like, to compare oneself with
- Nakoki koboma yo
- I was able to kill you
- okokaki koya ( na ) makolo
- you could come by foot
- ekoki kokoma
- it can happen
- enough, it suffices, it is full
- Nakoki koloba lingala. Nayebi koloba lingala.
- I'm able to speak lingala. I know how to speak Lingala.
- Nakoki kotindela yo mbongo te.
- I can not send you money.
- lolenge moto akoki kokaba to kozua VIH
- the way someone can transmit or catch HIV.
- na likolo pela moko awa na nse moko te akokani na yo na nguya na kembo yo 'za nzambe
- in heaven as here down below there is no one that ressembles you in power and glory, you are God
- Nakoki komona eloko te mpo na molili.
- I could see nothing because of the darkness.
- nakoki komona yango ?
- Can I see that ?
- po na kozwa bis okoki kosomba tiké po na mokolo moko, sanza moko to mbula mobimba.
- To take the bus, you can buy a ticket for one day, one month or a whole year.
- engunduka akoki komema motuka na yo tii na bisika ya bangomba ya milayi milayi ebengami Alpe.
- The train can take your car to a place with very large mountains called the Alps
- Ndenge nini tokoki komikebisa na ngenge ya SIDA ?
- How can we protect ourselves from the AIDS virus ?
- bana bakoki kotanga malamu te likolo ya makelele ya wenze mpe solo ya fulu source: Espérance-François Ngayibata Bulayumi, Mosuni
- The children couldn't study well because off the noise of the small market and the smell of the dump.
- nakoki kobanga te zambi nazali somi na RDC.
- I cannot be afraid because I'm legal in RDC.
- tokoki kozala na kimia te na ndako oyo
- We can't be in peace in this house
- babongisi banzela oyo. tokoki koleka na mutuka.
- They arranged those roads. We can pass with the car.
- mwasi ya zemi akokaka basolo mususu te.
- A pregnant woman can't stand certain odors.
- lolenge boni nakoki koloba na mobali oyo pona atika nga kimia
- How can I talk to that man so that he'd leave me in peace ?
- biloko oyo, mafuta ekoki te. ebongi obakisa.
- This food, there's not enough oil in it. You should add some.
- keba na esika wana okoki kokweya
- Watch out! at this spot you may fall.
- nakoki koya kofanda na ndako na yo ?
- Can I come live in your house ?
- bangungi oyo bakoki kopesa yo bokono
- Those mosquitoes can give you a disease.
- mutu na ye ekokani na oyo ya tata na ye
- His head ressembles the one of his father.
- makolo na ye ekokani na libata.
- His feet are like a duck.
- Okoki kobeta ye te. Azali mwana mwasi
- You may not beat her. She's a girl.
- Soki tosangisi mbongo wana nyonso, tokoki kosomba lopango
- If we put together all that money, we can buy a plot.
- nakoki kopesa mbongo na ngai na ndumba te.
- I cannot give my money to a prostitute.
- Nazoluka nabosana, kasi nazokoka te.
- I'm trying to forget but I can't.
- balabala eza nzela oyo mituka ekoki koleka.
- A street is a way where vehicles can pass.